• Search
  • Tools

Asking everyone's input about Blacksmith armorer villager and his trades

  • #1 Aug 7, 2017

    So I made a villager breeding/trading center and am now collecting the really good trades in separate trading halls. I already have a hall with just librarians and all the enchantment books out there on max level and now I am making a blacksmith trading hall for their diamond trades.

    So I have 6 slots for the weapon smith, 5 slots for tools smiths and 5 for armorers. I have collected 5 pretty good ones, although one of them can be changed for one that is better (cause its kinda double) and I was wondering if it even makes sense for me to look even further for a better trade and maybe waste a lot of coal and iron while trading/searching for something that might not even be out there.

    I cant seem to find a list or something like that, that shows which diamond armor+enchantments the armorers could trade to you, or a top 5 best diamond armor trades list. So maybe people here can tell me which best trades they have with their armorers.

    So these are the trades my 5 armorers have for a diamond chest piece:

    For 17 emeralds: (this one is sort of double, since I have another guy who has this trade, but plus thorns 1)
    Protection 2
    Unbreaking 3

    For 17 emeralds:
    Blast protection 3
    Unbreaking 3
    Thorns 1


    For 19 emeralds:
    Projectile Pro 3
    Unbreaking 2

    For 16 emeralds:
    Fire Protection 2
    Unbreaking 3

    For 18 emeralds:
    Thorns 1
    Protection 2
    Unbreaking 3

    ATTACHMENTS

    • 2017-08-07_21.34.41

      2017-08-07_21.34.41

    • 2017-08-07_21.34.48

      2017-08-07_21.34.48

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #2 Aug 7, 2017

    I personally think that the best one is:

    For 18 emeralds:
    Thorns 1
    Protection 2
    Unbreaking 3

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #3 Aug 7, 2017

    Hey, yeah that is the best one I have haha, however my question was: what armor trades do YOU personally have that is the highest of your own collection?

    Do other people out there have really good enchantments on it too? And if so, what are they?

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #4 Aug 7, 2017

    Enchanted items sold by villagers receive a level 5-19 enchantment, and a diamond chestplate can receive the following enchantments at level 19:

    Minecraft Enchanting Calculator for Minecraft Snapshots 1.8 - http://www.minecraftenchantmentcalculator.com/
    Output log: (This output was calculated 10,000 times, but results may still vary)

    Possible enchants for diamond chestplate at level 19...
    Unbreaking III: 21%
    Protection II: 18.3%
    Fire Protection II: 14.6%
    Projectile Protection IV: 12.3%
    Protection III: 11.4%
    Thorns I: 7.1%
    Unbreaking II: 5.1%
    Blast Protection III: 4.7%
    Projectile Protection III: 3.1%
    Blast Protection II: 1.3%
    Fire Protection III: 0.4%
    Fire Protection I: <0.1%

    You have a 21% chance of getting a 2nd enchant.
    You have a 11.5% chance of getting a 3rd enchant.
    You have a 6.75% chance of getting a 4th enchant.

    You cannot get Fire, Blast, Projectile or regular Protection on the same piece of armour.

    The site in the link given can also be used to see what other items can get (all at level 19). Note that this has not been updated since 1.8 and several new enchantments (such as Sweeping Edge) have been added but the probabilities for other enchantments should be accurate (a diamond pickaxe gets the same enchantments in 1.6 as in 1.8; 1.8 only changed the enchanting interface).

    Also, instead of trying to get the best trades and depend on them for not so great gear (unless you like Projectile Protection and/or buy 2 or 4 pieces and use the anvil to combine them; I'd personally go with all Protection IV unless you are on Hard and creepers kill you a lot, then use Blast Protection IV on one piece) I'd try to get Mending from a librarian, then you can forget about needing to replace your gear (provided that you don't lose it on death, of course); it may also be easier to directly enchant items on the table since you can make level 30 enchantments.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #5 Aug 7, 2017

    Thanks, thats helpful! I already have 3 librarians who have mending books though, infact I have all the possible enchantment books on max available in a similar librarians trading hall like I mentioned in my begin post.

    These armorers are going to be for the times you know you might die very likely and you dont wanna lose your best armor, so you can get a semi-good/shitty armor from these guys. Thats the only reason I have those because I can custom tailor my really good armor with my librarian trading hall.

    ATTACHMENTS

    • 2017-08-07_22.26.31

      2017-08-07_22.26.31

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • To post a comment, please login.

Posts Quoted:

Reply

Clear All Quotes